January 30, 2012

ICLW Round Up

Better late than never, right?

I really enjoyed my first IComLeavWe. It required a certain time commitment, but not much more than I would spend on blogs in a normal day. I especially appreciated that it gave me the motivation to seek out more blogs. I found many of the initial blogs in my blogroll through Mel's Creme de la Creme list. So this was just another great tool to help me explore the ALI community online. I found new blogs to follow and read a lot of really awesome posts. Seriously, some people here have missed their calling as writers!

For my blog, I really appreciated the increased traffic. I like it when my posts can be treated more as a dialog than a monologue sometimes. Although I still monologue a good bit of the time. I felt it was important to update my blog daily for ICLW to make it easier for people to comment. That worked out fine since I had plenty to talk about. I know I won't keep that pace consistently; I certainly didn't this weekend. But events have a way of ebbing and flowing and I'll just roll with the tide. I haven't decided if I'm going to participate in February ICLW. That's another great thing about the project - I love that it is completed in 12 bite sized portions. A very workable commitment!

So thank you to all my visitors this past week. If you've decided to hang around and keep reading, excellent :-) If you think you'll stop by at the next ICLW, great! I just enjoy encouraging the conversation...

So, do any of you have any observations post-ICLW? Think you'll participate in the future? Did you pressure yourself to post more frequently?

6 comments:

  1. I've been to shy to participate in the past, but I think I might in Feb. Maybe. That is, if I can fit into my big girl pants.

    And lucky for me (and you!) I'm not going anywhere [nestles in for the long haul].

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! You crack me up ;-) Let's hope "the long haul" isn't very much longer for either one of us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gah! Bad choice of words on my part.

      Rephrase: "nestles in for the quick-as-a-flash-totally-painless-completely-fun ride". Yeah, I think that's better.

      Delete
    2. LOL XD "Ladies and gentlemen, please make sure your lap-bar is pulled down to a snug fit and remove all hats and glasses before the train departs the station!" *click click click click click clickclickclickclickclick* Wheeeeeeee!

      Delete
  3. I like ICLW but I seem to only participate every other month. I think because the comment commitment is so high (even though I generally leave that number of comments anyway, but the commitment to it somehow seems like a lot haha). But even when I'm not on the list to participate I seek out some new blogs to read from the list of links. This is especially important because so many people on my RSS list just announced pregnancies, and even though I still <3 them and comment, I can't count on myself to feel up to reading about other people's pregnancies every day (especially when I'm having a bad, self-pitying day).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know exactly what you mean about IF turned pregnancy blogs - its something you can't handle all the time, even when you are genuinely happy for them. You've made a good suggestion; even if I don't formally participate in ICLW next month, I can still use the list to seek out new blogs :-)

      Delete