August 09, 2012

Now that I have calmed down a little

So the interview I wrote about that was on Monday? That is the place that offered M a job! :-D

He surprised me at work and I burst into tears as soon as he told me. I cried so loud, people wandered in asking if everything was okay, haha! I said it was MORE than okay!

I seriously feel like I have won the lottery...My thoughts are all over the place. *Everything* has been waiting on this. We can buy a house - hell, we *have* to buy a house (M currently will have an hour commute to work from our apartment), we can get a dog, we can pay off debts, we can start saving for a vacation, a baby, a new car! OhmyGodohmyGodohmyGod!!! Its just too good to be true!!

Everything I was worried about, everything we had to cut back on or go without completely, feeling like our lives were at a stand-still - its all over! I can breathe again! Its like Tami said in a comment: 10,000 lbs have been lifted off my shoulders. We are going to be okay. We are going to be okay!!!

I feel so relieved, so giddy, so...unworthy of this level of happiness - I seriously think I would be okay if it took us another year to get pregnant. This is enough, this can sustain me. This forward momentum in our lives just clears away all the shadows of doom and gloom.

I can't wait to start house hunting!! Thank God we didn't have to tap into the money we set aside for a down payment. There are several lovely houses in the area we would be looking that are well within our price range. I don't want to be house poor, so we are being conservative with the amount we want to spend. We've only ever lived in apartments, so there's going to be a big learning curve. Bills will go up, I know - electric, gas, WATER (we pay a flat rate right now). But I am so ready for the challenge! We got through under-employment, we're surviving infertility, we can handle anything ::beams:: Are you sick of my enthusiasm yet??? LOL!

Thank you all for being out there in blog-land to offer encouragement and kind words while we were going through this. It was almost as big an obstacle as infertility. It has meant the world to me to have somewhere to go and vent my frustrations about life, not just my empty uterus. You girls are so good to me :-) Thank you!


8 comments:

  1. Congrats! Fabulous news! I love house hunting. I can wait to hear about the journey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :-D I'll have to create a new tag for posts about house hunting! Though I'm sure I will still blog mostly about my failures to procreate.

      Delete
  2. I haven't smiled in a while, but I'm smiling now. I know what a big deal this is and I'm just basking in your good news. Celebrate my friend, celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Tami! That really means a lot to me. I know you're in a bad place right now and I am praying with all my might that there is a light at the end of the tunnel for you (and that the light is not a train...). Thank you for your support!

      Delete
  3. Congrats!! Talk about a weight off your shoulders! It is nice to have some good news once in a while, you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! This good news is going to sustain me for a LONG time!

      Delete