May 07, 2012

Wouldn't it be Lovely


I've been journaling since I was about 12 years old and blogging since 2003 when I got a membership code for LiveJournal from a friend (yeah, remember when LiveJournal was an exclusive community where you had to get an invite code to join??). "Barrenness" is my newest blog-venture and the most focused of all my writing. Usually I spew out whatever thoughts are dominating my mind in order to quell any lingering Drama Llama tendencies I have hanging over from adolescence. My journals have never been shared with such a wide "audience" and for the first time in my life, I am more comfortable with complete strangers reading about me than people I know IRL.

But you guys don't feel like strangers; more like kindred spirits. I don't select blogs to follow lightly. I like to feel a connection or a similarity in temperament or humor. Mrs. M over at Seriously NOT Pregnant fulfills all three. I enjoy her candor and sense of humor about the struggles of infertility and dealing with people who just. don't. get it. I'd like to say a big thank you to you, Mrs. M - for making me smile on days I can't do it for myself and for nominating me for this award! My very first :-D 

Here are the steps to follow after receiving this award:

  • Share who gave it to you with a link back to their blog. (See above)
  • Write down seven random facts about yourself.
  • Give this award to fifteen other bloggers.
  • Let them know they've won.
  • Pop the award on your blog.
 
Seven Random Facts about me:

  1. I started and have not finished 2 master's degrees: Social Work and Marriage and Family Counseling. They each require an intense internship (700 hours for counseling) that I am not able to complete because I have to be employed full time right now. Plus, my fertility (such as it is) has an expiration date whereas I can go back to school any time. I still play armchair psychologist daily.
  2. I am so afraid of bees. And wasps, hornets, yellow jackets - all those stinging, flying things. I was stung on my eyelid when I was 3 or 4 and I've been scared of them ever since.
  3. I love singing. Anyone who has been in the car with me for more than 5 minutes has heard me sing. I sing *constantly*. M jokes that in my head, the world is just a big musical. And he tells me all the time that I have a beautiful voice ::blush::.
  4. I am afraid of the dark. Yep, still. I have a *wild* imagination that makes up all kinds of terrifying things that will happen to me in the dark. Some nights I'm certain a murderer has quietly broken into our, locked and completely secure, apartment and is hiding in the closet or the shower to jump out and kill me. I....might need therapy, LOL!
  5. Up until the age of 12, I had bone straight hair. After that, it turned curly. Weirdest thing ever. It was very hard getting used to it and there were several years of unfortunate school pictures, but now I wouldn't trade my curly hair for the world.
  6. My sister and I both married the best friends of the last guys we dated. And in my case, that guy ended up the best man at our wedding and is still one of my best friends.
  7. Every pet in my family has a unique "voice" that fits their personality. We have extensive conversations with our pets, saying what we imagine their responses are in their "voice". I've never met another family that does this, but its crazy entertaining!
I would like to give this award to the following blogs:
 

I would nominate Rachel at Eggs in a Row, but her blog has been off-line for some time now. I hope she is okay... I really miss her blog.

7 comments:

  1. I am very afraid of bees too! (I am allergic...but really, they almost never sting.)

    Also, Eggs in a Row was mentioned in LFCA this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, I haven't read the latest edition yet - thanks!

      Delete
  2. You are not alone in pretending your pets have voices! My husband and I have full conversations with each other as the voices of our dogs. This happens daily, so we might be crazy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, someone else with the same crazy as me!! LOL! My sister has three cats and we have been known to go several minutes just talking as the cats...seriously strange XD

      Delete
  3. Oh my gosh! Our pooch has this weird Australian-English accent. I don't know where she picked it up, but it's the funniest thing! :) And I had stick straight hair until the age of 30- then it went curly. Weird, right?

    Thanks so much for the award! Funny, we must be on the same wave length because I tagged you for this today too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha I LOVE to sing too!!!! I pick up words to songs super quick and blast my radio singing along, much to P's dismay!! We don't pretend Sage has a voice, but we certainly spend a lot of time everyday acting like she can udnerstand us when we talk to her!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just want you to know that I just started following your blog. We have a lot in common: Infertility, PCOS, cats that like to complicate things, and I have an MSW degree. Reading other blogs has helped me so much. I'll continue to follow you! Here's my blog: http://auntmimi2010.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete