June 21, 2012

My Infertility Music Mix

Is it crazy ironic that I posted "When God closes a door, he always opens a window...Now where's that damn window??" on Facebook and literally 4 hours later my husband got an interview request somewhere? Yes, incredibly, weirdly, but serendipitously, ironic. The potential job is 3 1/2 hours away from here, so we would have to move and I would have to find a new job, but we will discuss the pros and cons of that bridge if and when we come to it.

The real purpose of this post is to share my latest playlist on my Ipod. I've been gathering a list of songs for an "Infertility Mix" for a little over a month now. Now that I have it pulled together, its really more of a personal growth mix, but that personal growth has been accomplished through my struggles with infertility, so I feel the name is still apt. There aren't actually any songs about family or children or infertility specifically on it, but the songs I've chosen do speak to me about my struggles. So without further ado....

My Infertility Music Mix (in no particular order)

1. Airplanes - B.O.B.

2. Down to Earth - Peter Gabriel

3. For the Moments I Feel Faint - Relient K

4. Forward Motion - Relient K

5. Landslide - Glee cast version

6. Let My Love Open the Door - Pete Townsend

7. Overkill - Colin Hay (his solo version, not the Men at Work version)

8. Pressing On - Relient K

9. Shake it Out - Florence and the Machine

10. Some Nights - Fun (I am currently uber obsessed with this song)

11. Those Words Are Not Enough - Relient K

12. We Found Love - Rihanna

13. The Cave - Mumford and Sons

14. Away From the Sun - 3 Doors Down

15. Brick - Ben Folds Five (I know this is a song about an abortion, but considering it is from the point of view of a person who did not want the abortion to happen, its really a song about loss to me.)

Do you have music that speaks to your IF struggles? Or a particular song that can lift your spirits and help you carry on on a bad day? I encourage you to check out the songs on my list that you haven't heard - obviously I love them all!

8 comments:

  1. I'll keep my fingers crossed for that job! No matter what you decide about whether it is right for you, it's nice to have choices.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE both Shake it Out and The Cave. They have become my strength songs for when I'm really feeling like I can't go on anymore. I'll have to download the rest of them. Thanks for the list love!

    Hoping this interview goes well!

    *Sorry posted on my google not my wordpress account.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the interview! Good stuff. Hospital Beds from Cold War Kids reminds me of the IF community.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love there is nothing like music to help you through this hell...thinking of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just the confidence booth this interview will give your husband is worth its weight in gold!

    I love that Peter G song! There were a few on your list that Ive never heard of and am anxious to listen to. In many ways, music is therapy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're absolutely right - even if M doesn't get a call back for a second interview, the first one was perfectly timed to help him get over the rejection from the other job. Thank. God.

      Delete
  7. I mostly have songs that remind me of my miscarriages--blah. During pg #2, I played Florence & The Machine's "Dog Days Are Over" a lot, so now I hate hearing it. I like "Shake It Out" as an IF power song, too.

    That's great about your husband getting an interview!

    ReplyDelete