Is it crazy ironic that I posted "When God closes a door, he always opens a window...Now where's that damn window??" on Facebook and literally 4 hours later my husband got an interview request somewhere? Yes, incredibly, weirdly, but serendipitously, ironic. The potential job is 3 1/2 hours away from here, so we would have to move and I would have to find a new job, but we will discuss the pros and cons of that bridge if and when we come to it.
The real purpose of this post is to share my latest playlist on my Ipod. I've been gathering a list of songs for an "Infertility Mix" for a little over a month now. Now that I have it pulled together, its really more of a personal growth mix, but that personal growth has been accomplished through my struggles with infertility, so I feel the name is still apt. There aren't actually any songs about family or children or infertility specifically on it, but the songs I've chosen do speak to me about my struggles. So without further ado....
My Infertility Music Mix (in no particular order)
1. Airplanes - B.O.B.
2. Down to Earth - Peter Gabriel
3. For the Moments I Feel Faint - Relient K
4. Forward Motion - Relient K
5. Landslide - Glee cast version
6. Let My Love Open the Door - Pete Townsend
7. Overkill - Colin Hay (his solo version, not the Men at Work version)
8. Pressing On - Relient K
9. Shake it Out - Florence and the Machine
10. Some Nights - Fun (I am currently uber obsessed with this song)
11. Those Words Are Not Enough - Relient K
12. We Found Love - Rihanna
13. The Cave - Mumford and Sons
14. Away From the Sun - 3 Doors Down
15. Brick - Ben Folds Five (I know this is a song about an abortion, but considering it is from the point of view of a person who did not want the abortion to happen, its really a song about loss to me.)
Do you have music that speaks to your IF struggles? Or a particular song that can lift your spirits and help you carry on on a bad day? I encourage you to check out the songs on my list that you haven't heard - obviously I love them all!